You can’t dictate when your desired outcomes will occur so don’t waste your energy obsessing over them. Instead focus on what you can accomplish.
Every day is an opportunity for you to work toward strengthening your organization’s brand. A brand is the value customers think they receive when they buy a certain product or service from an organization. You don’t own your brand or control your brand, but you can work toward building the brand that you want to have. Here are steps you can take every day to strengthen the perception of the value your organization delivers.
1. Clarify the value you want your organization to be known for delivering. You’re unlikely to build the brand you want to build if you aren’t continually clarifying exactly what that desired brand is
2. Look at how your products and services help your customers to receive that value. Is there anything you can do today to improve any of those products or services that would better help your customer to achieve what he or she wants to achieve?
3. Look at how your products and services are delivered to your customers. Is there anything that could be done today to make things easier or better for your customers in terms of receiving and learning how to use your products and services?
4. Look at how your products and services are explained to your customers, and potential customers, on your website and in your advertising. Is there anything you can do today to improve these communications to your customers and prospective customers?
5. When customers run into problems with your products and services, is there anything you can do today to resolve those problems more effectively and help your customers get back to achieving their desired outcomes more efficiently?
Every day work to feed the brand you want to have for your organization. In return, your brand will bring to you opportunities for greater success in the future. If you starve your organization’s brand, eventually you will starve as well.